2021 Tentative Event Schedule
Our Director and Board of Directors have compiled a tentative event schedule for 2021. Obviously, with the ongoing Covid related issues, this is subject to change. Make sure to check this periodically, as well as our Facebook page, for any cancellations or additions to this schedule
- May 1 - at the Thiebaud hay press barn - "Attracting Pollinators to the Veggie Garden" with Kirsten Carlson
- May 17 - 21 - at the Museums and the Thiebaud Farmstead - Conservators' Holiday
- May 24 - at the Historical Museum - Wedding Dress display
- June 12 - 13 - at the Thiebaud Farmstead - Hay Days (formerly the Rural Heritage Tour held in the Fall)
- June 26 - at the Historical Museum - Opening of the Burley Collection
- August (?) - TBD - Tomato tasting
- September 11 - at the Thiebaud Farmstead - Archaeology Day
- October 22 - 23 - at the Thiebaud Farmstead - All Hallows Eve
- November 15 - TBD - Annual Meeting and pitch in dinner
- December 11 - at the Thiebaud Farmstead - A Country Christmas
“Hay Days” at the Thiebaud Farmstead - Country living c. 1860. Featuring the hay press barn, a wedding anniversary celebration and trades of the time, heritage gardens and hearth cooking.
All Hallows Eve is a family fun event at the Thiebaud Farmstead that gets bigger and better every year. There are no zombies or ghouls, but folklore , games, the intriguing "Cabinet of Curiosities", the witches return with their dance, and much more.
Experience Christmas festivities during Country Christmas, again at both the Thiebaud Farmstead and Musee de Venoge. The sights, sounds, and smells will delight the youngest to the oldest.
Below, you'll find photos from previous events. Some of our events are free; however, in order for us to continue to bring these to the public for free and to continue to improve the experience, donations are graciously accepted.
Saturday, June 12th - 10am to 4pm
Sunday, June 13th - noon to 4pm
Visit the Thiebaud Farmstead and experience a haypress, blacksmith, net weaving, and hearth cooking demonstrations, heirloom gardens, period music, and period trades, all c. 1860.
$3 or $10/5 people
All Hallows Eve
Friday and Saturday, October 22rd and 23rd - 5 ~ 8 pm
1800s Halloween at the Thiebaud Farmstead with fun and games for the entire family.
$3/person or $10/5 persons
December 11th - 10 am ~ 4 pm
Truly a special day at the Thiebaud Farmstead and Musee de Venoge where Christmases of the past are warmly celebrated.
Hands on Workshops
In 2019, we offered a "Back to Basics" course for children ages 8 to 11. It was held from June 10 though June 14 at the Thiebaud Farmstead. Activities will be structured around outdoor skills, etiquette, botanical fun, pottery, and demonstrations. $45 per child. Space is limited, so register soon. We hope to revive this course again this year. Click here to see photos from the 2019 classes.
Adult classes involving archaeology, bats and bat houses, and herbs are still in the planning stages. Stay tuned for updated info on these classes.